FESS FIRE PROTECTION
Commercial Services, Inc. — DBA Metrolina Sprinkler Co., Johnson’s Automatic Sprinkler
Sprinkler Branch Locations: Raleigh NC, Charlotte NC, Charleston SC
For over 30 years, Commercial Services, Inc., has provided fire protection installation and service contracts to hospitals, manufacturers, schools, warehouses, commercial, government buildings and many other commercial settings throughout the Carolina’s and Southern Virginia.
$22-30/hr. Depending on Experience, Health, Dental, 401K Matching, Paid PTO, etc.
*Will assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate*
Fire Sprinkler Inspector
Perform assigned tasks on Fire Sprinkler Systems including, but not limited to, the visual inspection and functional testing of fire sprinkler systems, risers, standpipe systems. Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Experience in fire sprinkler inspection and testing is required. Basic knowledge of fire sprinkler system layout requirements is also preferred.
Responsibilities will include providing inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance services for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as national, state and local codes.
*Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience*
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing fire sprinkler inspection, testing and maintenance services.
- Must have a working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices, and critical components.
- Must have a current license in the State of North Carolina as a Fire Sprinkler Inspection Technician or Inspection Contractor. Preference will be given to NICET Level II or above Certification in Sprinkler Inspection and Testing. Consideration will be given if a candidate is pursuing NICET Level II or above Certification while maintaining an NC Inspections Technician license.
- Additional requirements:
- Must have a working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Preaction and Deluge Sprinkler Systems. Knowledge of design and layout requirements for fire sprinkler systems is desirable.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age
- Fire pump inspection and testing experience highly desired.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Fire Sprinkler Inspections: 2 years