FIRE SPRINKLER INSTALLATION FOREMAN
Sprinkler Branch Locations: Raleigh, NC, Charlotte, NC, Charleston SC
For over 30 years, Commercial Services, Inc., has provided fire protection installation and service contracts to hospitals, manufacturers, schools, warehouses, commercial, government buildings and many other commercial settings throughout the Carolina’s and Southern Virginia.
Pay will be based on Experience, Health, Vision, 401K Matching, Paid PTO, etc.
*Will assist with relocation expenses for the right candidate*
The FIRE SPRINKLER INSTALLATION FOREMAN is to deliver quality products and services which meet or exceeds the customer’s and industry standards, and to achieve customer satisfaction through a unified commitment to job competency and unsurpassed service.
Directly Reports to: General Manager – Sprinkler Division
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform routine service and maintenance of fire sprinkler/standpipe systems and related equipment.
- Perform flow tests, fire pump tests, hydrostatic tests, main drain tests, trip test dry valves, and test hydrants.
- Operate Rigid power machine and to thread and groove pipe as well as proper head spacing.
- Accurately complete and return all field paperwork on time.
- Be available for off-hour emergency service calls and the on-call schedule assigned.
- Report all accidents, mishaps and/or customer complaints immediately.
- Interface with customers to explain work to be performed, answer their questions and address their concerns in a knowledgeable and respectful manner.
- Provide accurate and complete information on reports
- Manage time including time on the job as well as time on road to job sites.
- Required: 5 years related experience
- OSHA Safety Training (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
- NC Backflow Preventer Certification (Preferred)
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty.
- Mechanical skills and aptitude.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Able to interact with all levels being served.
- Represent the company in a professional, credible manner in speech, written communications and appearance.
- Able to adapt behavior to different people and situations. Be flexible by adjusting interpersonal approaches appropriate to the manager/employee.
- Must pass random substance abuse tests.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 hours) without a break.
- Position requires bending, twisting, stooping, climbing.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Position requires pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to temperature changes, heights, small spaces and confined spaces.
Please respond to this posting with a resume or brief job history.
Job Type: Full-time